<

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Feel free to copy, there is no copyright on an Anoneumouse montage. (click on image to enlarge)

How it's done

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at a MP's house. One is from Carlisle, another is from Penrith, and the third is from Workington.

All three go with the parliamentary official to examine the fence.

The Penrith contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about £9000: £4000 for materials, £4000 for my crew and £1000 profit for me."

The Workington contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for £7000: £3000 for materials, £3000 for my crew and £1000 profit for me."

The Carlisle contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the MP and whispers, "£17,000."

The MP, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Carlisle contractor whispers back, Elliot Morley the Environment Minister has declared it flood damage "£5000 for me, £5000 for you, and we hire the guy from Workington to fix the wall."

"Done!" replies the MP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares